On 27 – 28 October 2011, the Baltic-Nordic NGO capacity building programme was launched in Vilnius. The programme entitled “Development Cooperation in the Nordic and the Baltic Countries: NGO-to-NGO Training and Networking”, supported by the Nordic Council of Ministers Office in Lithuania and the Association of the Local Authorities in Lithuania, aims at strengthening Lithuanian, Latvian, Estonian, Danish, Finnish and Swedish NGOs working in the field of development cooperation. The first training focusing of the relationship between development cooperation and sustainable development covered such important questions: Read more…
1) What’s the relationship between the development co-operation and sustainable development?
2) How to make sustainable development an integral part of the development co-operation strategy?
3) What is the role of the NGOs in this? Shouldn’t all development NGOs be “green” NGOs?
4) Climate change prevention, mitigation and environmental awareness – is it an integral part of the development co-operation policies?
5) If not, how to make that happen?
6) Project/campaign/tools ideas – how to integrate the outcomes of the discussion above into our daily work? Exchange of practices and tools.
The second training focusing on environmental awareness in development cooperation and fight against climate change is scheduled for January 2012.
INFORMATION FOR PARTICIPANTS
Fact Sheets on Development Cooperation in the Baltic-Nordic Countries
Keynote Address by Inger Björk, Forum Syd, Sweden
Inger is currently updating the presentation with final details and will send us the final version as soon as it is available. Thank you for your patience!
Challenges to Development Cooperation
Working Group Outcomes (2011-10-27)
Case Studies on Projects
Other Useful Documents